Monday, June 1, 2009

Vicky's Gilroy Wedding


I just got back from a wedding I did in Gilroy, CA.  I was the wedding coordinator and their florist for the weekend.  The ceremony was held at Mt. Madonna in Santa Clara and the reception was held at Sarah's Vineyard in Gilroy, CA.  The day could not have been more perfect, the sun was shining, the vineyard was gorgeous and the bride was a bundle of fun!
The wedding was catered by Trial Dust BBQ from Morgan Hill and I got to sneak a bite even though I was working.  They served, pulled pork with a hogwash, tri-tip, chicken, beans, potato salad and green salad with the best BBQ sauce I have ever had in CA.  The presentation was exquisite and the service was excellent; I would use them again if I lived and worked up in the Gilroy area.  
For flowers, we used sunflowers, blue and white hydrangea, yellow gerber daisies and curly willow as a rustic accent.  The wedding colors were brown blue and yellow and the bride wanted to keep it elegant while adding a rustic and natural feel.  The really exciting item was that we used the winery's old wine bottles as the centerpiece containers.  We had the bottles cut and the edges sanded and then filled them with flowers.  

The brides bouquet was my favorite...I pulled the petals off the sunflowers and added dried lotus pods, white oriental lilies, green cymbidium orchids and yellow roses with curly willow to achieve a rustic bouquet with lots of texture and color that popped off the brides dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment