Monday, June 1, 2009

A Wedding Spectaculaire

A few weeks ago I participated in a wedding show called “A Wedding Spectaculaire.”  It was very different then the normal wedding shows that we are all familiar with but I was a great concept.  A company called Plush Lounge donated all the lounge furniture and each vendor had their own lounge area.  Here is a picture of my area:

I loved the whole concept of a sitting area rather than a pipe and drape 10x10 booth.  My area had a very natural and organic feel.  I decorated an arch with curly willow, circus roses and green cockscomb.  The arrangement on the table was a tree bark vase, dogwood branches, circus roses, white hydrangea, dried jumbo mushrooms from India and red cockscomb.  This shows a close up picture:
Another part of the show was a table top competition for the floral designers.  I did a yellow and gray table top that consisted of a tall centerpiece made from solidago filler, yellow tulips, yellow orchids, yellow cockscomb and white asiatic lilies.  On the table I used vintage silver platers and adorned them with half domes of various yellow flowers.  The table top was covered in crushed platinum linens provided by Raphaels party rentals and silver chargers with yellow napkins.  


Here are a few of the 10 bouquets I made for the events, unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment