Monday, April 7, 2008

Photo shoot

Ok, so I had my flower photoshoot yesterday and I think that all the pictures turned out really well. I made 6 bouquets and 2 boutineers and Gary Holley of Gene Pool Hall graphic design, the photographer, did an excellent job as did Jenna my model and friend. I have included a couple photos from the shoot but hopefully I will have my website up and running soon so that everyone can see all of them.

The first one that I am including is a little hand tied bouquet with green cymbidium orcids, green button chrysanthemums and dried lotus pods wrapped with dark brown satin ribbon. I made a matching boutineer and I love the contrast between the brown and green.

The next one actually turned out to be one of my favorites. It is a combination of sunflowers, yellow roses, yellow asiatic lilies and green bells of Ireland. I then wrapped it in yellow ribbon and rafia on the stems. It is a really good bouquet for a summer or fall wedding...I can see it used in an outdoor wedding where the ceremony is in a big open field.

The last picture I have included on this blog is a white bridal bouquet (note the beautiful bride Jenna, my willing model for the day). It is a mixture of white mums, white roses, and white stock. The flowers are on a silver bouquet holder which gives the arrangement a really nice shape.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Centerpiece Masterpiece

So a month has pasted since my last blog and a lot has happened for Exquisite Blooms...I have purchased the website domain name, gotten 2 more wedding jobs, I am getting my designs photographed so I can get the website up and running and made this new centerpiece sample.

This sample is for a wedding that I am doing this month on the 25th in Temecula. The bride and groom are both Landscape Architects so they are very picky with design and could not compromise on a design. After going back and forth and veto-ing each others ideas, they finally asked me to help out and I came up with this. The aspects that they wanted to incorporate were, sets of 3 (I didn't have the candles at the time that I made this sample so I made mock candles from manila folders :), roses, leaves and they wanted the piece to have a contemporary feel. I ended up using all of their required elements and added some large rananculas, dark dahlias and queen annes lace.
I really think that it turned out very nice and I accomplished everything that they asked for.